Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets contain the lowest dose of the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate for impotence treatment. Sildenafil Citrate is first known as Viagra, although today when we say “Sildenafil”, generic Viagra first comes to mind.
The drug Sildenafil Citrate is indispensable when it comes to impotence treatment, not only because it is effective, but also because it gave rise to other PDE5 inhibitor-based treatments today, like Cialis and Levitra. Sildenafil Citrate in Viagra and in generic options is able to improve erectile function in men, even in those with moderate to severe erectile dysfunction. The 100mg dose of Sildenafil Citrate is famous, but what about the 25mg tablets?
Sildenafil Citrate Tablets 100 mg: What are They for?
Sildenafil Citrate tablets, as popularized by Viagra, are marketed for impotence treatment. However, the history of Sildenafil Citrate suggests another—the drug was initially intended for angina pectoris. Sildenafil, though, was ineffective for treating chest pain and instead gave the patients an unusual side effect—erectile function improvement. Instead of being a treatment for angina, Sildenafil Citrate was developed for impotence and the rest is history.
Viagra from Pfizer
Apart from erectile dysfunction, though, there are other uses for Sildenafil Citrate products. Here are some of the other applications for the Sildenafil Citrate drug:
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) – Sildenafil Citrate is discovered to allay pulmonary hypertension in patients with the rare disease PAH. In this disease’s case, Sildenafil Citrate may be used by females and children. The dose for PAH patients is 5 to 20 mg (oral tablet or suspension), three times a day.
- Exercise capacity improvement – The drug Sildenafil Citrate is not only used in relieving hypertension in patients with PAH; the drug is also used in helping PAH patients improve their exercise capacity.
- Premature ejaculation – Although off-label, some patients use Sildenafil Citrate to lengthen their ejaculatory latency time and improve sexual performance.
- Fertility treatments (female) – Some researchers use Sildenafil Citrate experimentally as an assistive drug in fertility treatments (IVF). Surprisingly, the drug gave good effects in the females. Besides fertility treatments, Sildenafil Citrate is also used in helping females maintain their pregnancies and prevent miscarriage—some studies even support this.
Although Sildenafil Citrate is being considered for a wide spectrum of medical uses, the drug is currently FDA approved for the management of impotence alone. Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets are still exclusively used for erectile dysfunction treatment.
How to Use Sildenafil Citrate Tablets
For erectile dysfunction, patients may be recommended anywhere from 25 mg to 100 mg of the drug Sildenafil Citrate. When prescribed for impotence, though, regardless of dose, the intake recommendation for Sildenafil is only once a day and only as needed. If the dose does not work, men are advised to skip taking another dose of Sildenafil Citrate and contact their doctor for a dose adjustment. Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets (and other doses) should be taken at least half an hour before the anticipated sexual activity. Sildenafil lasts for 4 hours so patients should be aware of when they took the drug.
Although most men with erectile dysfunction are generally safe to use the drug, there are men who are high-risk, like the ones with the following medical considerations:
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Chronic low blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
- Life-threatening medical events within 6 months (stroke, heart attack, etc.)
Some patients with medications are also advised to disclose their current meds since there are several drug groups infamous for interacting deleteriously with Sildenafil Citrate. Here are some of the meds contraindicated with Sildenafil Citrate:
- Ketoconazole and similar drugs
- Erythromycin and similar drugs
- Protease inhibitors
- Alpha blockers
- Nitrate drugs
- Blood pressure regulating medicine
Patients should also stick to their dose recommendation for Sildenafil Citrate to avoid side effects. For any dose adjustment, men should contact their doctors.
Sildenafil Citrate Side Effects
Studies indicate that side effects of Sildenafil Citrate use affect only a small fraction of the patient population. Not all patients will have side effects as a result of Sildenafil Citrate use, but patients are educated about the possible side effects due to Sildenafil Citrate use.
Some common and minor side effects from Sildenafil Citrate:
- Blue vision
- Blurred vision
- Facial flushing
- Stuffy nose
Rare but major side effects due to Sildenafil Citrate use include the following:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Priapism (prolonged and painful erection)
- Loss of vision
- Loss of hearing
Major side effects should be consulted with the doctors immediately; minor side effects, on the other hand, are fleeting and fade in a few hours.
Sildenafil 25 mg Price
Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets price for generic alternatives to Viagra are cheap, but the brand Viagra drug costs at least $70 regardless of the dosage of the drug. Although Pfizer offers a discount card good for 12 uses and allows up to $2,400 worth of savings, generic alternatives are more appealing since they allow more value for the patients’ money.
Generic Sildenafil Citrate 25mg Tablets Price
According to the Sildenafil Citrate price from one web platform, the drug costs $0.72 to $1.66 per 25mg tablet. However, other online pharmacies are able to offer even more enticing prices for the 25mg product depending on the quantity of their purchase.
Since it is challenging to find stores with Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets, you can use our curated list of Top Online Drugstores for the present year, so you can be assured of these stores’ products and deliveries.
Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets contain the lowest dosage of Sildenafil Citrate for impotence treatment, but they are potent and effective in most male users. However, despite the low dose of Sildenafil Citrate in these tablets, men should still consult their doctors for their eligibility in taking Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets. To purchase quality Sildenafil Citrate 25mg tablets you can use our curated list of Top Online Drugstores for the present year.