Generic Sildenafil is a very affordable drug on the online. It serves as an affordable equivalent to the branded Viagra as it contains the same active pharmaceutical ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate. Sildenafil Citrate is used for the treatment of impotence or erectile dysfunction. For adults up to 65 years of age, an initial dose is 50 mg and should to be taken by the mouth once a day. It should take one hour before you engage in sexual activity. Your doctor may adjust your dosage as needed.
How to Use Sildenafil Citrate Tablets 50 mg
The drug can be taken between 30 minutes and four hours before sexual activity. For adults 65 years+, 25 mg is the recommended dosage. This should be taken not more than once a day. The drug should be taken about 30 to 60 minutes prior to sexual intercourse. In some cases, Sildenafil Citrate doses may be more or less than the universally accepted doses.
For Children: This drug is not recommended for the use in children.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Use:
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension management: Recommended dose for Adult is 5 or 20 mg 3 times a day, 4 to 6 hours apart (oral use); IV use is 2.5 mg to 10 mg, 3 times/day
- PAH recommended dose for Children: weight dependent; as advised by the doctor
Erectile Dysfunction Use:
- ED dose for the elderly: 25 mg, as needed
- Erectile Dysfunction – Mild to moderate renal dysfunction: dose is CrCl 30 to less than 80 ml/ min: No adjustments recommended.
- Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl less than 30 ml/min): 25 mg taken orally once a day, one hour before sexual activity.
- Liver Dose Adjustments for Erectile Dysfunction Dose – 25 mg orally should be considered in patients with any degree of hepatic impairment.
Sildenafil 20 mg for ED Dose Adjustments
Sildenafil Citrate use is usually different in patients with several existing maintenance treatments. Here are some dose adjustments followed for Sildenafil Citrate use:
When used with alpha blockers:
- Dose – 25 mg taken orally one hour prior to sexual activity
- Before starting with Sildenafil treatment, patient treatment with alpha blocker drugs should be “stable”
Concomitant administration with ritonavir:
- Dose 25 mg taken orally one hour prior to sexual activity
- Maximum dose: 25 mg within a 48-hour time span
Concomitant administration with CYP450 3A4 inhibitors
- Dose 25 mg taken orally one hour prior to sexual activity.
When using Revatio ®for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in the elderly, caution is strongly recommended when choosing or adjusting a dose.
Should you miss taking a dose of Sildenafil Citrate, only take the drug as soon as you remember. Double dosing on Sildenafil Citrate is not advised.
Drugs That Will Affect Sildenafil
Do not use Sildenafil if you are allergic to it or: If you take other drugs to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. For example, riociguat (Adempas).
Do not use Sildenafil if you are currently using nitrate medicines for cardiovascular concerns. The active content nitrate is found in isosorbide dinitrate, Nitroglycerin, and isosorbide mononitrate.Make sure to take Sildenafil Citrate only as recommended by your doctor and never take Sildenafil with nitrate medicines (even recreational medicines or even patches).
Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) tablets
Sildenafil will react negatively with HIV drugs and medicines intended for AIDS, Hepatitis C, and other medical conditions using protease inhibitors.
Sildenafil 20 mg How Long Does it Last and its Side Effects
Sildenafil Citrate usually lasts an average of 4 hours in the body, which means that the users should perform their intended sexual activities within 4 hours of taking the drug.
Sildenafil Citrate use sometimes causes side effects in the patients. Although not all patients using the drug may experience side effects, males using the drug should still be cautious regarding the possible side effect of the product. Here are some of the common side effects associated with Sildenafil Citrate use:
- headache or dizziness
- blurred vision or blue vision
- runny nose
- nose bleeds
- upset stomach
- low blood pressure
Apart from the common side effects, patients are also at risk of experiencing major adverse events with the use of Sildenafil Citrate. Here are some of the major side effects related to Sildenafil Citrate use in patients:
- Irregular heartbeat
- difficulty breathing
- chest pain
- nausea and vomiting
- pain radiating to the jaw and the extremities
- acute vision loss (one or both eyes)
- Priapism – prolonged erection (with pain) lasting for more than 4 hours
Sildenafil Citrate is a world-famous drug known by its trade name Viagra and is used for mitigating the effects of erectile dysfunction in the patients. This product is effective in helping males regain their lost erectile function, but is also significant in helping patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. The usual dose intake for Sildenafil Citrate in erectile dysfunction is 25 mg to 100 mg, depending on your doctor’s recommendation.
Although Sildenafil Citrate is somewhat sold leniently online, you still need to consult your doctor before using the drug since this product has a number of sensitive considerations. You can purchase Sildenafil Citrate at your neighborhood drugstore, or you can try sourcing the product online, but from reliable online stores like the ones included on our list of top online pharmacies.